Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Finding joy in the not so joyful moments

Lately Lex has been teething like crazy and yesterday developed this horrible diaper rash. I have been coating her (and when I say "coating her" I mean her butt is white from desitin) with desitin and its getting a little better but its still bad. It breaks my heart every time I change her diaper. Today I'm going to do diaper free time where she doesn't have to wear a diaper and maybe it will dry up a little. Yesterday I couldn't put her in her walker or swing, I either had to hold her all day or sit on the floor with her. So I was trying to get dinner and dessert done yesterday while holding her and keeping her distracted from her pain. I had her laying in her play pin in the kitchen and I was talking to her and every few minutes I would walk over and look and her and give her some water and everything I was doing would make her laugh. It warmed my heart so much. I think that was my most favorite part of yesterday. Today is shaping up to be the same way and I'm enjoying every little smile and giggle that comes from her because I know she has to be in so much pain. She has her 6 month check up on Friday which means shots. I hoping that her rash is cleared up by then because I'm sure the doctor will ream me if it's not. Its not like I'm neglecting her at all! I'm doing everything I can think of. I am also looking for a new female pediatrician in Springfield so #1 I don't have to drive as far and #2 so that I don't get a "negative nancy" explanation every time we go see the doctor. Please continue to pray that my camera comes before we leave. I would LOVE to have it with us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment