Monday, July 23, 2012

Crazy few days!!!

Wow! I felt bad not blogging but at the same time life was CRAZY!!!!!!!!! We had so much to do and were even working on doing stuff for the wedding up until minutes before!! I'm done! Matron of Honor is a HUGE  job! Lots of responsibilities but hopefully the Bride and Groom enjoyed it and loved what they saw. Renita (my cousin and mother of the photographer) was a HUGE help! Don't know what we would have done without her. She ended up being the coordinator, the "flower maker" (I know that isn't the correct term), helped decorate the church and reception area, did photographs with her son and soooooo much more! Renita we appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Thursday was the rehearsal dinner. We also had a lot of decorating to do that day. I wasn't as much help as I wanted to be because that was Josh's late day and for whatever reason Lex was fussy so she was my priority. 

Friday was such a busy day. First it started off with taking Lex to get her 4 month shots, which of course didn't go over well. She was in the 90th percentile for her head, weight, and height. Needless to say she is a very healthy baby! Mama is doing her job well! Peas went over okay. This week we will be starting squash! Daddy's choice. Friday we had the bachelorette party and a lot of the decorating fell on Mom, Renita and Dad and I'm sure others as well. Then after the bachelorette party we (Heidi and I) went to her house for her to pack where she ended up throwing up. Not fun! I had to clean it up. Like I said Matron of Honor is a huge job LOL. Heidi you still owe me for that. We were driving her car, and for those of you who know me, I can't drive a stick so I kept telling her, "Please don't throw up in the car. I can't drive a stick!" I must have said that 10 times. Then we got to the church to check it out and it was like 11pm. She gagged several times on the way there. Then after we checked out what the church looked like we went back to my house where she stayed the night. We got in bed at midnight then Lex started crying. UGH!! I just wanted sleep and so did Heidi. Then we got about 2 hours of solid sleep then Heidi woke up sick again. At one point she was running a 102.3 temp. I had to get up and get her some crackers and water and then she was throwing up. Just when we got her laid down, then Lex woke up crying again. We got about 2 and a half hours of sleep that night. Then we were up by 5 to get our showers and start getting ready. The wedding went well. The bride was a little cranky but who wouldn't be going on that little sleep and being sick. We got her and Micah all happy making them leave with their presents to open. : ) Then I went back to the church to help Mom and the others clean up and set up. That night I went to bed at 9:30 and Lex slept until 7am! LOVELY! Then after her bottle went back to sleep until 11 am. Sunday was spent not getting out of my jammies and doing laundry and dishes to get the house caught back up while taking care of a sick husband. Today Josh didn't go to work because he was so sick and we took him to the doctor where we found out he's dealing with a sinus infection. Not fun! Anyways, this should make up for missing several days of blogging. Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment