Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Strawberries

Last night my evening was spent making a Mexican chicken and rice casserole and a snickers cake for my mom's work potluck. I just love cooking and baking. Being a mom, baking and cooking are what I'm supposed to do. It brings so much joy. I feel like baking and cooking are one of the things I can control. I know that sounds weird but its like the quote from Julie and Julia, "Chocolate cream pie! You know what I love about cooking? I love that after a day when nothing is sure and when I say nothing, I mean nothing. You can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. That's such a comfort"

That's pretty much how i feel! happy Wednesday! Oh and the meaning for the title is I'm going to let Lex try strawberries today!

No comments:

Post a Comment